Engage your students and enhance key curriculum areas with one of our educational tours. We offer guided tours of the sculpture gardens and studios free of charge, to school and college groups from Year 3 upwards.
In 2021 the sculptures are open to visitors from 31 March until 31 October. We will reopen Henry Moore's studios and the exhibition gallery from 19 May, subject to government advice. Our exhibition for 2021 is This Living Hand: Edmund de Waal presents Henry Moore which looks at the theme of touch and the depiction of the hand in Henry Moore's work.
We are now taking educational bookings for the summer and autumn terms, with slots available from the 19 May onwards. You can book a slot for up to 30 pupils and their adult helpers on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings, starting at either 9.50am or 10.20am. One of our Volunteer Guides will accompany you and your students on a 90 minute tour of Henry Moore's studios, the monumental works in our 70 acre grounds and the special exhibition. Then, after your group’s lunch slot, you will have time to draw or take photographs in the grounds.
Please read the following information carefully before submitting your visit request form.
- Educational visit times are Wednesday, Thursday & Friday mornings, between 19 May and 31 October 2021.
- Visits start at either 9.50am or 10.20am and slots are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Each time slot can accommodate a class of up to 30 students. If you would like to bring more students, we will allocate you more than one slot.
- Please try to book well in advance, our guides are volunteers and we cannot guarantee availibility for late bookings.
- Your group will be divided up so that there is a maximum of 15 students per tour guide. To ensure that your visit is correctly supervised, please note the following:
- For Secondary school visits, you will need to bring 2 adults per 15 students.
- For Primary school visits, you will need to bring 3 adults per 15 students.
- Please include your school name and visiting year group in your booking information.
- Please note that, due to the narrow lanes leading to our site, we have a coach length restriction of 11 metres.
- Your booking is not confirmed until our team have contacted you with an available date.