Following the latest government advice about Coronavirus, we are postponing our annual reopening and will not launch This Living Hand: Edmund de Waal presents Henry Moore on 3 April.
We are extremely disappointed to delay the opening of this exciting exhibition, but the safety of our audiences, company and staff is of utmost importance. We apologise for the disruption and wish you well during this difficult period. As soon as we can safely announce an opening date for 2020, we will post information on all of our digital channels.
If you already have a school booking for 2020, our team will be contact via email shortly.
To ensure your health and the safety of those around you, here is the latest public health advice provided by the NHS and the government.
Engage your students and enhance key curriculum areas with one of our educational tours. We offer guided tours of the sculpture gardens and studios free of charge, to school and college groups from Year 3 upwards.
You can book a slot for up to 30 pupils and their adult helpers on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings, starting at either 9.50am or 10.20am. One of our Volunteer Guides will accompany you and your students on a 90 minute tour of Henry Moore's studios, the monumental works in our 70 acre grounds and the special exhibition. Then, after your group’s lunch slot, you will have time to draw or take photographs in the grounds.
Our 2020 exhibition will be This Living Hand: Edmund de Waal presents Henry Moore. Acclaimed author and artist Edmund de Waal will curate a new display exploring the role of touch and the iconography of the hand in Henry Moore's art.
We now have limited availability for the summer term, with very few slots remaining for May, June and July 2020.
Please read the 'Booking information' carefully before submitting your visit request form.
- Educational visit times are Wednesday, Thurday & Friday mornings, between 3 April and 25 October 2020.
- Visits start at either 9.50am or 10.20am and slots are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Each time slot can accommodate a class of up to 30 students. If you would like to bring more students, we will allocate you more than one slot.
- Please try to book well in advance, our guides are volunteers and we cannot guarantee availibility for late bookings.
- Your group will be divided up so that there is a maximum of 15 students per tour guide. To ensure that your visit is correctly supervised, please note the following:
- For Secondary school visits, you will need to bring 2 adults per 15 students.
- For Primary school visits, you will need to bring 3 adults per 15 students.
- Please include your school name and visiting year group in your booking information.
- Please note that, due to the narrow lanes leading to our site, we have a coach length restriction of 11 metres.
- Your booking is not confirmed until our team have contacted you with an available date.