Henry Moore tasked his Foundation to encourage a love of the visual arts and so educational visits are at the heart of our activities at Henry Moore Studios & Gardens.
We offer guided tours of the sculpture gardens, studios & Aisled Barn free of charge, to school and college groups from Year 3 upwards. Bookings can be made for one class (up to 30 pupils) and their adult helpers on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings.The guided tours take approximately 1½ hours and after your group’s lunch slot you will have time to draw or take photographs in the grounds.
Booking for our 2018 season will open in early January. The Studios & Gardens will open from Friday 30 March until Sunday 28 October 2018.
As in previous years, we will offer school visits on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings.
- Educational booking dates for 2018 are Wednesday, Thurday & Friday mornings between 30 March and 28 October. Booking for 2018 will open in early January.
- Educational visits start at either 9.50am or 10.20am and slots are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Each time slot can accommodate a class of up to 30 students.
- Our staff and tour guides can not supervise students. We require one adult to accompany every five primary school children throughout your visit, and at least one adult for every ten secondary school pupils.
- Please include your school name and visiting year group in your booking information.