Henry Moore tasked his Foundation to encourage a love of the visual arts and so educational visits are at the heart of our activities at Henry Moore Studios & Gardens.
We offer guided tours of the sculpture gardens, studios & Aisled Barn free of charge, to school and college groups from Year 3 upwards. Bookings can be made for one class (up to 30 pupils) and their adult helpers on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings.The guided tours take approximately 1½ hours and after your group’s lunch slot you will have time to draw or take photographs in the grounds.
This year we also have our exciting exhibition Becoming Henry Moore focusing on Moore’s early years as an artist. If you would like your students to see the exhibition after their lunch slot please contact us to check availability. Tickets to see the exhibition will be £6 per person.
If you would like to visit in 2017, please fill in our enquiry form including your desired dates and our booking team will get in touch. We're happy to accommodate any additional access or learning needs you may have: please let us know in advance if this applies to any members of your group.
- Educational booking dates for 2017 are Wednesday, Thurday & Friday mornings between 14 April and 22 October
- Educational visits start at either 9.50am or 10.20am and slots are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Each time slot can accommodate a class of up to 30 students.
- Our staff and tour guides can not supervise students. We require one adult to accompany every five primary school children throughout your visit, and at least one adult for every ten secondary school pupils.
- Please include your school name and visiting year group in your booking information.