Following the latest government advice about Coronavirus, we have postponed our annual reopening and will not launch the exhibition This Living Hand: Edmund de Waal presents Henry Moore in 2020.
If you already have a school booking for 2020, our team should have been in touch. If not, please send an enquiry using the form in the side menu.
Henry Moore Studios & Gardens will reopen on Saturday 4 July however, to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers and visitors we aren’t currently taking school bookings for the rest of our 2020 season.
In 2021 We will be open from 31 March to 31 October, on Wednesdays to Sundays and Bank Holidays. Booking for school visits in 2021 will open in the first week of November.
Engage your students and enhance key curriculum areas with one of our educational tours. We offer guided tours of the sculpture gardens and studios free of charge, to school and college groups from Year 3 upwards.
You can book a slot for up to 30 pupils and their adult helpers on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings, starting at either 9.50am or 10.20am. One of our Volunteer Guides will accompany you and your students on a 90 minute tour of Henry Moore's studios, the monumental works in our 70 acre grounds and the special exhibition. Then, after your group’s lunch slot, you will have time to draw or take photographs in the grounds.
Please read the 'Booking information' carefully before submitting your visit request form.
- Educational visit times are Wednesday, Thurday & Friday mornings, between 3 April and 25 October 2020.
- Visits start at either 9.50am or 10.20am and slots are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Each time slot can accommodate a class of up to 30 students. If you would like to bring more students, we will allocate you more than one slot.
- Please try to book well in advance, our guides are volunteers and we cannot guarantee availibility for late bookings.
- Your group will be divided up so that there is a maximum of 15 students per tour guide. To ensure that your visit is correctly supervised, please note the following:
- For Secondary school visits, you will need to bring 2 adults per 15 students.
- For Primary school visits, you will need to bring 3 adults per 15 students.
- Please include your school name and visiting year group in your booking information.
- Please note that, due to the narrow lanes leading to our site, we have a coach length restriction of 11 metres.
- Your booking is not confirmed until our team have contacted you with an available date.