Our educational sessions for the 2022 Summer Term are fully booked. We are currently taking bookings for September and October 2022. Booking for visits in 2023 will open later in the year.
Engage your students and enhance key curriculum areas with one of our educational group visits. We offer guided tours of the sculpture gardens and studios free of charge, to school,college and university groups from Year 3 upwards.
We welcome schools, colleges and universities to book timed sessions for up to 30 students (plus adult helpers) on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings, starting at either 9.50am or 10.20am.
One of our Volunteer Guides will accompany you and your students on a tour of the grounds of Henry Moore's home, studios and gardens, which present an awe-inspiring portfolio of his sculptural works and creative processes. Your booking will also include additional time for independent study.
In consultation with educators, we have developed a second tour option for 2022, to support cross curricula learning across age groups and abilities. On your booking form you can now choose from the following tours, subject to availability:
- An overview of the art and life of Henry Moore (1.5 hrs)
- An introduction to Henry Moore’s figurative artworks, and the process of using shape and scale (45 mins)
Please read the 'Booking information' carefully before submitting an enquiry form.
- Educational visit times are Wednesday, Thursday & Friday mornings, we are currently taking bookings for September and October 2022. All slots in the Summer Term are fully booked.
- Visits start at either 9.50am or 10.20am and slots are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Each time slot can accommodate a group of up to 30 students. If you would like to bring more students, we will allocate you more than one slot.
- Please try to book well in advance, our guides are volunteers and we cannot guarantee availability for late bookings.
- Your group will be divided up so that there are a maximum of 15 students per tour guide. To make sure that your visit is adequately supervised, our student to adult ratios are as follows:
PRIMARY SCHOOLS: at least 2 supervising adults per 15 students
SECONDARY SCHOOLS & SIXTH FORM: at least 1 supervising adult per 15 students, plus an additional adult to step in if necessary
COLLEGES & UNIVERSITIES: at least 1 supervising adult per 15 students
- Please include the name of your educational organisation and visiting year group in your booking information.
- Please note that, due to the narrow lanes leading to our site, we have a coach length limit of 11 metres.
- Your booking is not confirmed until our team have contacted you with an available date.