Last updated: 9:30am, Wednesday 19 May
During the current restrictions, our staff are working at home. Please contact our team using individual email addresses, or via the contact page on this site.
Opening dates and times 2021
31 March to 31 October
Wednesdays to Sundays and Bank Holidays, 11am - 5pm
Last admission: 4pm
Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays (except for Bank Holidays)
Following the latest relaxation in government restrictions, the sculpture gardens. studios and This Living Hand exhibition are now open.
Keeping you safe
In 2020 we implemented the following measures to make sure visiting is safe for everyone. We will continue to review our plans and adjust and adapt where necessary during the 2021 season
- To help avoid queues and crowds, we have introduced pre-booked time slots. Please arrive within your timeslot.
- Please book online whenever possible.
- Floor markings and signage to indicate where to queue and help you judge appropriate distances while queuing
- Separate entry and exit points to the gardens
- Toilets are available inside next to the Bourne Maquette Studio and in the visitor centre
- Accessible toilets and baby change available
- Hand sanitiser will be available on site
- Our facilities undergo strict cleaning throughout the day
- Some staff around the site will be equipped with personal protective equipment.
- There are paper maps available on site however, if you prefer, you can download a pdf version of our map to use on your device or print at home.
Protect yourselves and others while visiting
- Please observe the 'Rule of 6', only meet in groups of 6 or two households while inside our buildings.
- Please read the public health messaging displayed around the Henry Moore Studios & Gardens.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and avoid touching your face.
- Use hand sanitiser at every opportunity.
- Keep two metres away from other visitors.
- Please wear a mask inside our buildings.
- Come prepared with contactless methods of payment.
- Do not attempt to visit if you or members of your household are suffering from symptoms of Covid-19.
- Do not attempt to visit if you or members of your household are awaiting results of a Covid-19 test.
- Do not attempt to visit if you have been asked to isolate by the Test and Trace service or the NHS Covid-19 app.
To ensure your health and the safety of those around you, here is the latest public health advice provided by the NHS and the government.
Until we can safely announce otherwise, all our in-person events are postponed for the foreseeable future.
Our team is working remotely and still has access to the many thousands of digital images we have in our collection. We are happy to continue to research, supply, licence and grant permission to reproduce photographs of Moore and his artwork for any forthcoming publications or projects you may be working on.
Please continue to complete our online request form or email us - we are answering enquires as normal.
Although our Reading Room will be closed to visitors we are still happy to help answer your research requests remotely. You can also access our Online Bibliographic Catalogue and our Collections pages here, or email us for more general enquires.
|The Henry Moore Institute||Henry Moore Grants|
'In recognition that this business has confirmed that they have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing.'
In partnership with, The National Tourist Organisations of Great Britain and Northern Ireland