How to apply
Henry Moore Grants support exhibitions, exhibition catalogues, commissions, conferences, research, fellowships, publications, and the development of collections through acquisitions, conservation, cataloguing and display.
Applications are assessed in terms of their:
- development of the study of sculpture
- contribution to the public awareness and understanding of sculpture
- encouragement of new thinking in sculpture, including the history of sculpture
- artistic quality
- careful financial management
Please observe the following guidelines in your application:
- In the case of exhibitions, we will only consider applications where the full list of artists is confirmed.
- In the case of publications and conferences, we will only consider applications where the full list of contributors is confirmed; and in the case of publications, an outline distribution plan must be submitted.
- We consider applications covering projects of varying scales, but only support organisations. Applications from individuals are only accepted when applying for a Research and Travel Grant. If a Research and Travel Grant is awarded it will be paid to the individual.
- We may support international sculpture in Britain and abroad.
- Applications should be filed online.
- The Grants Committee does not offer feedback on applications.
- Project start dates should be six months after the application deadlines.
- The Foundation does not provide revenue expenditure.
- No grant (or part of any grant) may be used to pay any fee or to provide any other benefit to any individual who is a Trustee of The Henry Moore Foundation. Please advise whether it is envisaged that any Trustee will have an interest in the project in respect of which a grant is sought.
Please apply for a grant in the appropriate category for your project.
Please note that, at present, the grants application form cannot be saved during completion and completed and submitted in one session. We are working to change this and a new application process will be online soon. To help you prepare your answers before submitting the form, you can find a pdf copy of the application questions in the right hand menu.