What we need from you
The authentication process begins with Stage 1: Research enquiry. If you have not yet completed this stage, please submit your enquiry via the online form.
Once a work has been through the first stage of the process, our response will confirm whether the work should be seen by the authentication panel and the date of the next meeting. If you decide to submit your work to the panel, you will need to arrange for it to be delivered to the Foundation in Perry Green between 7 and 10 days in advance of the meeting. Applicants are solely responsible for arranging and covering the cost of transport and insurance.
Who is on the panel?
- Chairman: Godfrey Worsdale, Director, The Henry Moore Foundation
- Sebastiano Barassi, Head of Collections and Exhibitions, The Henry Moore Foundation
- David Mitchinson, Consultant, former Head of Collections and Exhibitions, The Henry Moore Foundation
- Antony Griffiths, Consultant, former Keeper of Prints and Drawings, The British Museum and Trustee of The Henry Moore Foundation
What happens at the authentication panel meeting?
The authentication panel examine the artwork and associated information in detail. Meetings include the following:
- Review of research findings
- Physical examination of the artwork itself to include stylistic and technical analysis
- Comparative analysis of style, technique, material, dimensions, etc, with related works in the Henry Moore Foundation collection
Our response / what you receive
After the panel meeting, we will issue a letter confirming:
- Whether the work is by Moore
- How the work is catalogued – title, date, medium and catalogue reference number (for works by Moore)
- Answers to specific research questions
The opinion given by the panel is made in a purely advisory capacity. The Henry Moore Foundation and panel members accept no liability concerning the content of the opinion.
Authentication panel submission deadlines:
The authentication panel meets twice a year at Perry Green, usually in March and October. The next submission deadlines are:
- Tuesday 21 March 2017
- Tuesday 15 August 2017