The Sculpture Research Library and Archive of Sculptors’ Papers will be reopening from Tuesday 18 May.
As Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, we look forward to reopening our Galleries with two new exhibitions, Portable Sculpture and Rafael Pérez Evans: Handful, along with our Research Library and Archive of Sculptors' Papers.
Book your visit
To ensure we stay Covid-19 safe and allow for social distancing, we are limiting visitor numbers and are asking all visitors to book tickets in advance. If you have not booked in advance you may be asked to wait for a short time until there is space.
If you plan to visit the Galleries or Archive, you will need to book tickets for these activities too.
|Click here to book your visit online with Art Tickets|
Our opening times have been temporarily revised:
|Monday:||10am - 5pm|
|Tuesday:||10am - 5pm|
|Wednesday:||10am - 5pm|
|Thursday:||10am - 5pm|
|Friday:||10am - 5pm|
|Saturday:||10am - 5pm|
|Sunday:||1pm - 5pm|
The library is located on the first floor of the Henry Moore Institute, on the Headrow, Leeds.
Library membership is free. On your first visit, you will be required to complete a simple registration form. Please bring a form of photo identification along for this.
The Institute is closed on bank holidays.
We can give guided tours of the library to introduce the resources and facilities to interested groups. A minimum of seven days advance notice is required and a maximum of twelve people can attend at one time. Please contact the librarian to arrange a convenient date to bring a group.
We have free WiFi throughout the library, as well as a number of computers for research and consulting the library catalogue. Power for laptops is available from sockets underneath the tables.
There is a coin-operated photocopier for making black & white or colour copies of library material. You can also take photos, but in both cases these must only be used for research and private study.
For security, bags and rucksacks are not permitted within the reading rooms. Lockers and coat hangers are provided at the library reception.
- The reading rooms can seat sixteen people.
- There is lift access to the library on the first floor of the Institute.
- Toilets are on the basement floor of the Institute and can also be reached by lift.
- There is an induction loop installed at library reception.
- A library trolley can be made available to carry books.
- The library has footstools and rolling steps to help reach higher shelves.
- A number of access aids are available for library users, including magnifiers, reading lights and key turners. Please ask at library reception for details.
If you have any further suggestions on how we can improve our accessibility, please contact us.