The Henry Moore Institute is open.
Book your visit
To keep our staff and visitors safe and make sure you have an enjoyable experience, we have decided to keep social distancing and some other covid safety measures in place until further notice. These include reduced capacity, sanitising stations on site and increased levels of hygiene standards. We would appreciate visitors continuing to wear masks when this is possible.
As we are continuing to limit capacity, we advise booking in advance to ensure that you can visit at the time of your choosing. Separate tickets are available for visiting the Galleries, Research Library and Archive.
Tickets are free, and there are no restrictions of how long you can spend in the library, as long as you have pre-booked the corresponding timed tickets. You can find out more about booking here, see the new measures we've put in place to keep you safe during your visit, or use the link below to book your visit now:
|Click here to book your visit online with Art Tickets|
Our opening times have been temporarily revised:
|Monday:||10am - 5pm|
|Tuesday:||10am - 5pm|
|Wednesday:||10am - 5pm|
|Thursday:||10am - 5pm|
|Friday:||10am - 5pm|
|Saturday:||10am - 5pm|
|Sunday:||1pm - 5pm|
The library is located on the first floor of the Henry Moore Institute, on the Headrow, Leeds.
Library membership is free. On your first visit, you will be required to complete a simple registration form. Please bring a form of photo identification along for this.
The Institute is closed on bank holidays.
We have free WiFi throughout the library, as well as a number of computers for research and consulting the library catalogue. Power for laptops is available from sockets underneath the tables.
There is a coin-operated photocopier for making black & white or colour copies of library material. You can also take photos, but in both cases these must only be used for research and private study.
For security, bags and rucksacks are not permitted within the reading rooms. Lockers and coat hangers are provided at the library reception.
- The reading rooms can seat sixteen people.
- There is lift access to the library on the first floor of the Institute.
- Toilets are on the basement floor of the Institute and can also be reached by lift.
- There is an induction loop installed at library reception.
- A library trolley can be made available to carry books.
- The library has footstools and rolling steps to help reach higher shelves.
- A number of access aids are available for library users, including magnifiers, reading lights and key turners. Please ask at library reception for details.
If you have any further suggestions on how we can improve our accessibility, please contact us.