Winter weekends at Studios & Gardens
- Henry Moore Studios & Gardens
- 14 November – 20 December 2020
- 11am - 4pm
Following the announcement of new coronavirus restrictions in England, we have decided to reopen the sculpture gardens at Henry Moore’s home on Saturdays and Sundays to enable our Friends and visitors to exercise and enjoy our open spaces.
On our winter weekends you can walk in and explore our 60+ acres of sculpture gardens and fields, where over 20 of Moore’s world-famous sculptures are on display.
“We understand the enormous benefits of being the outdoors, access to green space, fresh air and nature to our health, which has never been so important. This is why we have decided to extend our opening season for the final weekends of the year”
Director of the Henry Moore Foundation
We look forward to welcoming you safely back and thank you for your support.
Winter weekends: opening dates and times
14 November to 20 December 2020.
Saturdays & Sundays, 11am – 4pm
Last admission: 3pm
Following the government update on 19 December, our sculpture gardens will be in Tier 4 from Sunday 20 December. As things stand, we believe that we are able to keep the gardens open for our last Winter Weekend. However, we need to advise all visitors not to travel to us from outside Tier 4.
If you have a booking for Sunday 20 December and do not live in the local Tier 4 area, please request a refund using the "make an enquiry" option at the side of this page.
What to expect when you visit
We have implemented lots of new measures so that we comply with new government guidance and to make sure that visiting is safe for everyone, this means that your visit may look quite different to usual.
- As over the summer, we have changed the entry route to the studios & gardens. After parking your vehicle, you will enter via Hoglands driveway.
- There will be a lot of new signs in place. Please follow the directions, social distancing indicators and queue systems.
- All of our indoor spaces, including the studios, visitor centre and Aisled Barn will be closed.
- Some staff will be wearing personal protective equipment.
- In keeping with the new rules, please do not meet up with anyone from outside your household or support bubble: unless meeting as two, single adults or two adults with pre-school children.
- Toilets will be open in several locations around the site, the visitor centre facilities will not be open.
- The café will be serving drinks and limited snacks for takeaway via the side door of the visitor centre. You may consume these at our outdoor tables or in the picnic areas.
- Please come prepared with contactless payment methods. We will ask you to pay via contactless card for any transaction under the £45 limit.
As during our summer season, please book your timed, ticketed entry in advance if you can. This will help us safely stagger entry, avoid queues and reduce contact as much as possible.
- Please book a ticket in advance for everyone who will be visiting, including Henry Moore Friends and children under 5.
- Please do not book tickets for anyone outside your household or support bubble.
- Online booking for each day closes at 11pm on the previous evening.
- We offer a 25% discount for National Art Pass holders. Please book in advance and bring your Art Pass with you when you visit.
- Please arrive within your designated time-slot. You may arrive at any point within your timeslot and stay as long as you like within our opening hours.
- If you haven't booked in advance, you can still visit. We will ask you to wait for the next available slot before entering. The 11am arrival slot is our busiest, so if you can arrive at 12pm or later, you are likely to be admitted without waiting.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email following your booking, please contact us using the "Make an enquiry" form on this page.
Henry Moore Studios & Gardens
Dane Tree House
T: +44 (0)1279 843 333
Closed for winter
Opening dates 2021: 31 March to 31 October
Wednesdays to Saturdays and Bank Holidays, 11am to 5pm
Last admission: 4pm