Henry Moore tasked his Foundation to encourage a love of the visual arts, so educational visits are at the heart of our activities at Henry Moore Studios & Gardens.
Opening Times 2019
Wednesday 3 April to Sunday 27 October 2019
Wednesdays to Sundays & Bank Holidays 11am - 5pm
Engage your students and enhance key curriculum areas with one of our educational tours. We offer guided tours of the sculpture gardens and studios free of charge, to school and college groups from Year 3 upwards.
You can book a slot for up to 30 pupils and their adult helpers on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings, starting at either 9.50am or 10.20am. One of our Volunteer Guides will accompany you and your students on a 90 minute tour of Henry Moore's studios, the monumental works in our 70 acre grounds and the special exhibition. Then, after your group’s lunch slot, you will have time to draw or take photographs in the grounds.
Our 2019 exhibition will be Henry Moore Drawings: The Art of Seeing, the largest exhibition of our founder's drawings for over 40 years. From the life studies of the 1920s to the ideas for sculpture of the 1930s, the wartime Shelter and Coalmine drawings and the post-war and late drawings, for over six decades Moore’s drawing was animated by a sheer delight in the medium and an unfailing creative energy.
We have very limited availability for the remainder of the 2018/19 Academic Year. There are more slots available for September and October 2019. Please read the 'Booking information' carefully before submitting your visit request form.
- Educational visit times are Wednesday, Thurday & Friday mornings, between 3 April and 27 October 2019.
- Visits start at either 9.50am or 10.20am and slots are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Each time slot can accommodate a class of up to 30 students. If you would like to bring more students, we will allocate you more than one slot.
- Please try to book well in advance, our guides are volunteers and we cannot guarantee availibility for late bookings.
- Our staff and tour guides can not supervise students. We require one adult to accompany every five primary school children throughout your visit, and at least one adult for every ten secondary school pupils.
- Please include your school name and visiting year group in your booking information.
- Please note that, due to the narrow lanes leading to our site, we have a coach length restriction of 11 metres.
- Your booking is not confirmed until our team have contacted you with an available date.