Henry Moore tasked his Foundation to encourage a love of the visual arts, so educational visits are at the heart of our activities at Henry Moore Studios & Gardens.
Booking for our 2020 season, from 3 April until 25 October, is now open.
Engage your students and enhance key curriculum areas with one of our educational tours. We offer guided tours of the sculpture gardens and studios free of charge, to school and college groups from Year 3 upwards.
You can book a slot for up to 30 pupils and their adult helpers on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings, starting at either 9.50am or 10.20am. One of our Volunteer Guides will accompany you and your students on a 90 minute tour of Henry Moore's studios, the monumental works in our 70 acre grounds and the special exhibition. Then, after your group’s lunch slot, you will have time to draw or take photographs in the grounds.
Our 2020 exhibition will be This Living Hand: Edmund de Waal presents Henry Moore. Acclaimed author and artist Edmund de Waal will curate a new display exploring the role of touch and the iconography of the hand in Henry Moore's art.
Please read the 'Booking information' carefully before submitting your visit request form.
- Educational visit times are Wednesday, Thurday & Friday mornings, between 3 April and 25 October 2020.
- Visits start at either 9.50am or 10.20am and slots are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Each time slot can accommodate a class of up to 30 students. If you would like to bring more students, we will allocate you more than one slot.
- Please try to book well in advance, our guides are volunteers and we cannot guarantee availibility for late bookings.
- Our staff and tour guides can not supervise students. We require one adult to accompany every five primary school children throughout your visit, and at least one adult for every ten secondary school pupils.
- Please include your school name and visiting year group in your booking information.
- Please note that, due to the narrow lanes leading to our site, we have a coach length restriction of 11 metres.
- Your booking is not confirmed until our team have contacted you with an available date.