Henry Moore Studios & Gardens
Henry Moore Studios & Gardens is the work-place and family home of 20th century sculptor Henry Moore: with over 70 acres of sculpture gardens & rolling fields. Each year our sculpture gardens display over 20 of Moore's world-famous, monumental sculptures; showcasing his work as he intended, against the landscape he shaped.
Opening dates 2021
31 March - 31 October 2021.
Wednesdays to Sundays and Bank Holidays, 11am – 5pm
Following the latest Government guidance, the sculpture gardens are now open to visitors. The studios, Aisled Barn and This Living Hand exhibition will not open until stage 3 (earliest Wednesday 19 May).
We look forward to welcoming you to Henry Moore Studios & Gardens.
Tickets and online booking
To help us manage social distancing measures, we’re asking all visitors, including Henry Moore Friends, to book tickets in advance whenever possible.
This season, we will release two weeks of tickets at a time, so that we can respond to changes in government guidance without affecting future bookings.
- Please book a ticket in advance for everyone who will be visiting, including Henry Moore Friends and children under 5.
- Please arrive within your booked time-slot. You may arrive at any point within your timeslot and stay as long as you like within our opening hours.
- If you cannot book in advance, we will still be able to admit you, but we recommend arriving after 12.30pm to avoid our busiest ticket slots.
Tickets 2021: Gardens only
(over 65, under 25, student, NHS and Univeral Credit recipients)
|Child (5 - 18 years, under 5s are free)||£3.25||£3.60|
|Family (any 2 adults + 2 children)||£16.25||£17.90|
|Henry Moore Friends||FREE||FREE|
|Carer accompanying a disabled visitor||FREE||FREE|
Henry Moore Friends
Our Friends help us to continue Henry Moore's legacy and support sculpture both in our own venues and further afield. Join as a Friend before you visit and take advantage of unlimited access to Henry Moore Studios & Gardens for a full calendar year.
As a Friend, we are asking you to book in advance whenever possible. Your free Friends tickets, and extra guest tickets, are available via our Art Tickets page. This season, we will release two weeks of tickets at a time, so that we can respond to changes in government guidance without affecting future bookings.
What to expect when you visit
Since the start of the coronvirus pandemic, we have implemented lots of new measures to make sure that visiting is safe for everyone. Many of these adjustments continue for visits in 2021.
- To help us manage queues and keep everyone safe, please book your visit in advance (if possible).
- In 2020 we introduced time slots for entry to the gardens, please try to arrive within your 30 minute time slot.
- Please do not visit if you are feeling unwell, have been asked to isolate, have tested positive for Covid 19 or are awaiting the results of a test.
- In 2020 we changed the entry route to the studios & gardens, to allow for a one way entrance and exit. After parking your vehicle, you will enter via Hoglands driveway.
- There will still be a lot of signs around our site: please follow the directions, social distancing indicators and queue systems.
- Some of our facilities and indoor spaces will remain closed, we will update these according to government guidance.
- Some staff will be wearing personal protective equipment.
Cafe and picnics
The cafe in our visitor centre is run by a friendly, local team from Copley's Food, who have many years of experience making delicious homemade dishes.
At the start of our 2021 season, the café will be serving a takeaway menu of savoury snacks, cakes, and hot and cold drinks for you to enjoy at the outside tables near the visitor centre.
Once guidelines allow, we will serve a more extensive menu and open our indoor seating.
You are also welcome to bring your own food and drink to the gardens. Picnic areas are available near the Henry Moore Archive and Large Figure in a Shelter, these are frequently cleaned and sanitised. Please don’t picnic at the café tables or in the sculpture gardens.
and getting here
Open: Wednesdays to Sundays and Bank Holidays, 11am to 5pm
Closed: Mondays and Tuesdays
Henry Moore Studios & Gardens
Dane Tree House
T: +44 (0)1279 843 333