The Henry Moore Institute offers free, professionally-led guided tours by practising artists and academics with a broad knowledge of our exhibitions.
Our tours are suitable for all levels of artistic interest, from the first time gallery visitor to students of all levels and professional academics.
We offer regular, informal tours on Sunday afternoons. Just drop by reception at 2pm, no booking required.
For large groups or educational visits booking is essential. To discuss or book a tour, please either ring reception on 0113 246 7467 or fill out the form below.
Please note that the maximum number of people per tour group at any one time is 15. Larger bookings will be separated into two or more groups and the guided tours staggered to avoid congestion in the gallery spaces.
A group leader must be appointed prior to your visit, taking full responsibility for the group, and stay with them throughout the tour.
For school groups please ensure:
- At least two adults/members of school staff accompany each school group.
- Pupils are briefed about their expected behaviour before their visit.
- The group leaders hold a group register and conduct head counts regularly.
- The group leaders ensure that students/visitors do not eat, drink, run, shout or touch exhibits in the galleries.
- Students under the age of 16 are accompanied by an adult if they need the toilet.
The Henry Moore Institute reserves the right to refuse guided tours to groups who do not adhere to these conditions.
The person conducting your guided tour will escort you out of the building in the event of a fire alarm.
We look forward to welcoming you to the gallery.