How to apply
Henry Moore Grants support exhibitions, exhibition catalogues, commissions, conferences, research, post-doctoral research fellowships, publications, and the development of collections through acquisitions, conservation, cataloguing and display.
Applications are assessed in terms of their:
- development of the study of sculpture
- contribution to the public awareness and understanding of sculpture
- encouragement of new thinking in sculpture, including the history of sculpture
- artistic quality
- careful financial management
Please observe the following guidelines in your application:
- In the case of exhibitions, we will only consider applications where the full list of artists is confirmed.
- In the case of publications and conferences, we will only consider applications where the full list of contributors is confirmed; and in the case of publications, an outline distribution plan must be submitted.
- We consider applications covering projects of varying scales, but only support organisations. Applications from individuals are only accepted when applying for a Research and Travel Grant. If a Research and Travel Grant is awarded it will be paid to the individual.
- We may support international sculpture in Britain and abroad.
- Applications should be filed online.
- The Grants Committee does not offer feedback on applications.
- Project start dates should be six months after the application deadlines.
- The Foundation does not provide revenue expenditure.
- No grant (or part of any grant) may be used to pay any fee or to provide any other benefit to any individual who is a Trustee of The Henry Moore Foundation. Please advise whether it is envisaged that any Trustee will have an interest in the project in respect of which a grant is sought.
Please apply for a grant in the appropriate category for your project.
If you have not applied before please complete the first page of the Grants Funding Application Form below to register an account. You will receive an email with a link to confirm the account before you can continue to step 2 of the form.
After registration, grant applicants/recipients can log in to 'My Account' to save, return to edit, or share an application before final submission; or view the status of current and archived grant applications.
A pdf copy of the application questions is available in the right hand menu.