What we need from you
The assessment process begins with Stage 1: Research enquiry. If you have not yet completed this stage, please submit your enquiry via the online form.
Once a work has been through the first stage of the process, our response will confirm whether the work should be seen by the Review Panel and the date of the next meeting. If you decide to submit your work to the panel, you will need to arrange for it to be delivered to the Foundation in Perry Green between 7 and 10 days in advance of the meeting. Applicants are solely responsible for arranging and covering the cost of transport and insurance.
Who is on the panel?
- Chairman: Godfrey Worsdale, Director, Henry Moore Foundation
- Sebastiano Barassi, Head of Henry Moore Collections & Exhibitions, Henry Moore Foundation
- David Mitchinson, Consultant, former Head of Collections & Exhibitions, Henry Moore Foundation
- Antony Griffiths, Consultant, former Keeper of Prints and Drawings, The British Museum and Trustee of Henry Moore Foundation
What happens at the Review Panel meeting?
The Review Panel examine the artwork and associated information in detail. Meetings include the following:
- Review of research findings
- Physical examination of the artwork itself to include stylistic and technical analysis
- Comparative analysis of style, technique, material, dimensions, etc, with related works in the Henry Moore Foundation collection or other collections where possible
Our response / what you receive
After the panel meeting, we will issue a letter confirming:
- Whether the work is by Moore
- How the work is catalogued – title, date, medium and catalogue reference number (for works by Moore)
- Answers to specific research questions
The opinion given by the panel is made in a purely advisory capacity. The Henry Moore Foundation and panel members accept no liability concerning the content of the opinion.
Review Panel submission deadlines:
The Review Panel meets twice a year at Perry Green, usually in April and October. Please be advised that the next Panel meeting has been postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak. We will update this page with further information once the meeting has been rescheduled.