The Sculpture Research Library is free to use and open seven days a week.
|Monday:||10am - 5:30pm|
|Tuesday:||10am - 5:30pm|
|Wednesday:||10am - 8pm|
|Thursday:||10am - 5:30pm|
|Friday:||10am - 5:30pm|
|Saturday:||10am - 5:30pm|
|Sunday:||1pm - 5pm|
The library is located on the first floor of the Henry Moore Institute, on the Headrow, Leeds.
Library membership is free. On your first visit, you will be required to complete a simple registration form. Please bring a form of photo identification along for this.
The Institute is closed on bank holidays.
Christmas opening times
The Institute's galleries will be closed over Christmas on Monday 24, Tuesday 25 and Wednesday 26 December, and on Monday 31 December and Tuesday 1 January for the New Year.
The Sculpture Research Library will be closed from Sunday 23 December until Tuesday 1 January. Normal opening hours will resume on Wednesday 2 January.
We can give guided tours of the library to introduce the resources and facilities to interested groups. A minimum of seven days advance notice is required and a maximum of twelve people can attend at one time. Please contact the librarian to arrange a convenient date to bring a group.
We have free WiFi throughout the library, as well as a number of computers for research and consulting the library catalogue. Power for laptops is available from sockets underneath the tables.
There is a coin-operated photocopier for making black & white or colour copies of library material. You can also take photos, but in both cases these must only be used for research and private study.
For security, bags and rucksacks are not permitted within the reading rooms. Lockers and coat hangers are provided at the library reception.
- The reading rooms can seat sixteen people.
- There is lift access to the library on the first floor of the Institute.
- Toilets are on the basement floor of the Institute and can also be reached by lift.
- There is an induction loop installed at library reception.
- A library trolley can be made available to carry books.
- The library has footstools and rolling steps to help reach higher shelves.
- A number of access aids are available for library users, including magnifiers, reading lights and key turners. Please ask at library reception for details.
If you have any further suggestions on how we can improve our accessibility, please contact us.